BPS AMBASSADOR CALL FOR APPLICATIONS
Are you making a difference on the healthcare team and in patient care? The Board of Pharmacy Specialties invites board-certified pharmacists to share their experiences as “BPS Ambassadors”. The BPS ambassador program showcases BPS Board-Certified Pharmacists advancing practice in their communities and improving patient care. Pharmacist specialists interested in contributing their thought-provoking ideas and unique perspectives on the value of BPS Board Certification are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applications are currently closed.
Stay tuned for announcements on the next call for applications in 2024.
The BPS Ambassadors program aims to showcase BPS Board-Certified Pharmacists that are advancing practice in their communities and improving patient care. Selected pharmacists will go through rigorous communications training to help them develop their storytelling skills to speak on a range of topics that highlight the value of BPS Board Certification and its impact on patient care, interprofessional teams, employer perception, and professional development and advancement.
BPS will select up to five pharmacist specialists with excellent storytelling skills to highlight the value of BPS Board Certification. BPS recognizes the diversity of the pharmacy profession and wishes to represent these narratives. Those selected will be featured in a video series accessible on the BPS website and social media platforms; additionally, the selected speakers will be invited to present during a live event (date and location TBD).
Application Instructions: Applicants will be asked to submit an online application, a statement of interest and a 3-minute submission video responding to specific prompts.
Written Statement of Interest Prompts:
- How does your professional experience position you to be selected as a “BPS Ambassador”?
- What role has BPS Board Certification played in your professional development and career advancement?
Video Submission Prompts:
- How has BPS Board Certification advanced your practice level as a pharmacist?
- How would you encourage someone to pursue BPS Board Certification?
- Why is it important to maintain your certification?
Application Deadline: Completed applications should be submitted electronically here. Applications will be accepted up until Sunday, June 4, 2023.
Applications will be reviewed by the BPS selection committee and speaker selection criteria will be based on:
- The experience and credibility of the applicant.
- The applicant’s commitment to BPS Board Certification.
- The applicant’s storytelling and lecture presentation ability on video and/or to a live audience.
- The applicant’s interest level to participate in panel discussions, presentations, blogging, podcasts, etc.
The BPS Ambassador program showcases BPS Board-Certified Pharmacists and their experiences advancing practice in their communities and improving patient care. In these engaging videos, the BPS Ambassadors highlight the value of board certification in their own unique stories.
2022-2024 BPS Ambassadors
2021-2023 BPS Ambassadors
In the first installation of the BPS Ambassador Program, Rosana Steavenson, PharmD, BCPS, BCPP discusses the value of her board certification in her work with